ANNOUNCEMENT: WUJ wishes everyone a Happy Ubin Day 2020! WUJ launches "WUJ Wan Go Jalan? (Virtually)" in conjunction with Pesta Ubin 2020 and Ubin Day 2020 celebrations Play your part in fighting COVID-19: Be socially responsible, uphold strict personal hygiene and social distancing measures

Come Down and Listen to WUJ in "Living Well: Cultivating Community, Nurturing Nature"

Hi all!

I'm very excited to share with you that I will be talking and sharing my adventures on Pulau Ubin in a panel discussion next Friday on July 19th, 2019! I've never been in one before so this is definitely a pretty cool way for me to reach out to you other than bringing you around Ubin or through my blog as well.

Speaking to you in the panel discussion will be (from left to right) Toh Hui Ran, Tang Hung Bun, Cuifen Pui and myself.

The talk, "Living Well: Cultivating Community, Nurturing Nature", is organised by Uthai Forest, a non-profit project that aims to reforest 23 hectares of land in Thailand and also features other speakers who are passionate in their own noble causes and initiatives in Singapore such as Mr Tang Hung Bun, Natural Farmer and Permaculturist, Miss Cuifen Pui from Foodscape Collective and myself.

There are four themes which the talk wishes to cover such as nature, community, simplicity and wellness and we hope that through this sharing of our like-minded projects, we could encourage you to take action and join us in our respective causes, or even kick start your own initiative in making a positive difference for our own local community.

As for me however, I will mostly be sharing on how Wan's Ubin Journal is playing its part in sharing the stories of Pulau Ubin out to everyone out there and how we can all play a part in helping our almost-forgotten community through our active engagement with them through projects such as WUJ Kampong Clean-Up. This to me, as a descendant of the Pulau Ubin community, brings me much honour and humility to have been invited by Hui Ran from Uthai Forest to be one of the guest speakers for this meaningful panel discussion to share with you on my Ubin journey.

The details of the talk is as follows:


Title:      Living Well: Cultivating Community, Nurturing Nature
Date:      Friday, July 19th, 2019
Time:     6 pm - 8 pm
Venue:   Singapore Sustainability Academy
              180 Kitchener Road
              Level 6
              Singapore 208539

By the way, this panel discussion is completely free and no RSVP is required, so just drop by and lend us a listening ear. This is also a nice way for you to meet up with me if you always happen to want to know more about me, too! I'm more than happy to meet my fans, supporters and dearest friends.

Find out more about the panel discussion right here on Uthai Forest's Facebook events page!


May Pulau Ubin thrive again, with its people in its heart. 

-- 
Like WUJ on Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/wansubinjournal

Follow WUJ on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/wansubinjournal

Follow WUJ on Twitter!
https://www.twitter.com/wansubinjournal

Have any enquiries? Send an email to wansubinjournal@gmail.com

--

Come join me on Ubin as a volunteer to clean up our kampongs!

Find out more about WUJ Kampong Clean-Up!
https://wansubinjournal.blogspot.com/p/kampong-clean-up.html

Sign up immediately here!
https://www.facebook.com/events/310660792939011/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Ubin's Constant Vulnerability to Redevelopment

Putting the Saga in Saga Seeds

The Legend of Pulau Ubin - The Elephant, The Pig and The Frog