ANNOUNCEMENT: WUJ wishes everyone a Happy Ubin Day 2020! WUJ launches "WUJ Wan Go Jalan? (Virtually)" in conjunction with Pesta Ubin 2020 and Ubin Day 2020 celebrations Play your part in fighting COVID-19: Be socially responsible, uphold strict personal hygiene and social distancing measures

It's a Sign!

Hi All!


While I was in the gardening section of Daiso the other week, I came across this small but adorable looking picket sign. Immediately in my mind, I knew what I wanted to do with it - a small sign to indicate the location of my late grandparents' home on Pulau Ubin! I couldn't really find the time as I have been busy with work the past few weeks - until today.

I initially wanted to print out the words on A4 and  make it into a stencil where I can just paint the words over, but when I did that - the paper would just tear easily when I was about to cut through the curves and extremely sharp turns of the letters. 

The next thing I knew, I just decided to trust my own style of painting the letters onto the sign. I was pretty nervous about it looking bad, but the final result looked pretty good. I did want to have the sign painted the same shade and hue of blue as the former house did, but I believe having a white sign might stand out pretty much in the forest grounds.

God Willing, I will be heading down to Pulau Ubin tomorrow to put up the sign - right after I clear more debris and leaves around the house and along the path. 

818K, Kampong Surau, Pulau Ubin, will once again be identified and recognised.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Ubin's Constant Vulnerability to Redevelopment

Putting the Saga in Saga Seeds

The Legend of Pulau Ubin - The Elephant, The Pig and The Frog